NetTime is a tool for accessing and displaying reference time from network sources that support NTP (Network Time Protocol) on an iPhone or iPod Touch. Typically, the network time sources are either UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) time sources or are synchronized to UTC time sources.
* NetTime requires an Internet connection.
* NetTime does not change the clock on the device.
NetTime is especially useful for checking and setting clocks and watches to standard time. However, since NetTime can use a time source that is not UTC synchronized, NetTime can also be used to set clocks to an arbitrary network time reference.
Use it for:
* Office, School, Factory
* Car, Truck, RV, Bus
* Boat, Plane
NetTime can also be used as a basic network diagnostic tool. NetTime diagnostic information includes network availability, name resolution, and roundtrip network delay measurement.
NetTime only requires an Internet connection to access a time source and initialize. It does not require the network connection after initialization, so the device can be freely moved about without concern about losing network connectivity. NetTime can also bypass name resolution and use network addresses directly. This allows it to be used in environments not supported by the iPhone resolver, such as Windows .local domains.
* Two selectable, configurable time sources
* Displays local and UTC time
* Name resolution bypass
* Source precision reporting
* Roundtrip delay reporting
* Device time error
* Detailed status indication
* Persistent network connection not required
* Works with WiFi and WWAN connections